Today, Wednesday 17th February, marks the 50th anniversary of Thames Valley Housing.
Over the coming months, we have a range of exciting birthday related things planned for our residents, staff and partners, so keep an eye out for further updates! We’ll also be sharing some of the highlights from the last 50 years with you through our website and social media, and looking to what the future holds for TVH in the next 50 years.
Some our milestones so far:
• 1967 – Our first development, Vine Court in Walton-on-Thames
• 1986 – TVH’s charitable subsidiary established to allow us to develop a wider range of tenures
• 1991 – 25th anniversary of TVH
• 1994 – 1000th shared ownership home completed
• 1998 – First call centre established
• 1999 – 6000th home completed
• 2006 – 40th anniversary and 10,000th home completed
• 2016 – 50th anniversary, with over 14,500 homes and 26,000 residents, and a proposed merger with Genesis Housing Association