Anti-social behaviour

We take all reports of anti-social behaviour and crime very seriously and will work hard make sure you can live safely in your home.

If the anti-social behaviour is low level, such as a neighbour making too much noise, it may be most effective to have a chat with them yourself. They may be unaware their behaviour is affecting you. If it is not possible or safe for you to do this, you should get in touch with us immediately.

What is anti-social behaviour?

Anti-social behaviour can include:

  • Domestic violence
  • Hate crimes (such a homophobic or racist abuse and actions)
  • Intimidation, verbal abuse or making threats
  • Harassment
  • Persistent noise and rowdy behaviour
  • Vandalism, graffiti or criminal damage to property
  • Criminal behaviour
  • Using your home to sell drugs or any other illegal activity

Tell us if you are experiencing anti-social behaviour

Give us a call on 0300 456 2929 and speak with your housing officer (tenants) or your property manager (home owners). Key workers can speak to their accommodation officer directly for further advice.

We guarantee you will be treated in confidence at all time.

Anti-social behaviour hotline

If our offices are not open, tenants can report anti-social behaviour by calling 0800 0232 087. Leave a message and someone will get back to you within 2 working days.

This message line is NOT an emergency line. In an emergency, you should always call 999.

Suffering from noise nuisance?

If you are experiencing persistent and on-going problems with noise you can report this to MTVH by downloading The Noise App.

The Noise App has already been used by local authorities to take enforcement action. MTVH provides this easy to use App for all residents experiencing noise pollution problems.

The App has been used in many successful court cases where evidence from the App has been presented to prove anti-social behaviour cases by several Housing Associations working with Local authority Environmental Health teams.

Details on how to download this can be found in the PDF below.

The Noise App Public Information Thames Valley Housing

What we will do if you tell us you are experiencing anti-social behaviour

If it is the appropriate thing to do, we will try to resolve the problems you are experiencing informally.

If this is not appropriate, we can

  • Offer mediation if it is a suitable option
  • Take legal action against the person carrying out the behaviour
  • Gain possession of perpetrator’s home
  • Re-home the person experiencing the behaviour if they are in danger

In some situations we will act immediately to ensure your safety and to prevent criminal behaviour. These include:

  • Serious violence and threat of serious violence, including domestic violence
  • Vandalism causing danger
  • Drug usage and paraphernalia (syringes, etc)

Our staff

MTVH staff are entitled to work without fear of abuse, harassment or violence. We will take action against any one who behaves in this way. We will always involve the police if the behaviour is criminal.

  • Filter by