Older Residents Trip
Each year we invite all our older residents to join us for a day trip. In past years we’ve had fish and chips in Brighton, a day at the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu and tea on the pier in Worthing.
After the success of our trip in 2017, and a chat with some residents, we have decided this year to go to the seaside at Southsea and hope we have a great day once again.
Date: Wednesday 18th July
Time: 10.00-18.00 – times will vary slightly depending on where you live.
Picks up and drop offs: Available to and from
• Twickenham – 10:00/18.00
• Farnborough – 10:45/ 17.15
• We are also able to offer Slough and Reading (times to be confirmed)
Here is what the day will include and approximate timings:
• 10.00-10:45: Pick ups
• 12:15: Arrive at Southsea
• 12.45: Free lunch at Deep Blue Restaurant on the Pier will be fish and chips with mushy peas followed by sticky toffee pudding and icecream. Vegetarians and special diets catered for – just let us know when you reply.
• After lunch, we’ll have free time to spend in Southsea. There’s lots to see and do;
– Natural History Museum and Butterfly house (free) (10 minute walk/amble)
– Southsea Castle (free) (15 minute walk/amble)
– D-Day Experience (£8.00) ( 15 minute walk/amble)
– Pier and promenade – wheelchair accessible
– Beach (it’s a shingle beach)
• 16:00: board coach to leave and back to your pick up point.
On Saturday 24th February 2018, we hosted our first ever Thames Valley Housing Repairs Fair here at Premier House in Twickenham. Our Repairs, Resident Involvement, Property, Service Design and Estates teams, were joined by our contractors Axis, BSW, Cleanscapes and Just Ask.
Around 60 residents attended and chatted with all the teams and contractors.
Residents came for different reasons, some to speak in person to our Training and Employment team to find out about opportunities for getting into work, and many to report repairs and hear about how we work with our contractors. By far the most popular events of the day were the DIY workshops where Axis demonstrated how to fix things like dripping taps and easing locks.
There was also a prize draw which saw residents winning mobile tablets, cleaning services, a garden makeover and handy man services.
Our Service Design team also told residents about their initial findings from theResponsive Repairs Project, and were able to receive feedback on potential implementations.
Residents said they had “a very productive day” and that “it was good to talk and be understood”.
Christmas Hamper Competition
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) whose registered office is at Premier House, 52 London Road, Twickenham TW1 3RP.
- Employees of MTVH or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Competition will open at 11:00am 11/12/18 and closing date for entries will be 12pm on 18/12/18. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- The prize for the winner is a Christmas hamper as seen on Facebook
- The winner will contact MTVH to arrange transport. The winner must contact MTVH to arrange this.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Only one entrant per person, commenting more than once will not increase chances of winning.
- Entrants must be residents of MTVH and served by the Twickenham office.
- Winners will be chosen at random by all entries received and verified by MTVH.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or private Facebook message within 2 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- We will notify the winner when and how the prize will be sent out.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to MTVH and not to any other party.
- We will ask to take a photograph of the winners. We will use this photograph for publicity. We will require the winners to sign an agreement for the use of the image.