Project Title: Community Support – New Community Centre – Richmond
This centre will be a Salvation Army community project with the aim of strengthening and supporting people in the local area and to assist in enhancing community spirit. It plans to do this through
- Selling coffee/tea with light refreshments.
- The sale of second hand children’s items.
- Extending our Community food bank
- Having a warm and supportive team of helpers.
It is proposed that the centre will be affordable, welcoming and inclusive.
Bid Summary: We have identified five main areas of need in the high density population surrounding our May Road church. They are;
- Isolated families – a need for more affordable facilities for social integration.
- Isolated elderly – somewhere comfortable & affordable for company
- Lack of social facilities for people with mental health issues
- The need to expand our community food bank
- The need for quality second hand children’s toys & clothes
We believe that this proposed centre, with your help, will go a long way to help meet the needs in our community.