We collect personal information on all our customers in order to assess eligibility for housing, provide housing management and repairs services, assist you in the event of emergencies, and ensure fair treatment. In line with the Data Protection Act 2018, this information is stored securely on our systems, and used to provide services and help us improve the way in which we provide them to you.
In most cases, apart from the companies we use to provide services on our behalf and to carry out surveys and send out information to you, we do not share your personal information with anyone else without your permission. We will share your information for the following specific reasons but we remain responsible for the safe handling of your data at all times:
- With contractors in order to carry out repairs or works on your property;
- With market research organisations in order to complete surveys on our behalf;
- With a managing agent to enable them to provide services to you on our behalf under a management agreement or lease;
- In order to detect and prevent fraud, protect public finances and for the detection and prevention of crime, with councils, registered providers, government departments, the police, and credit reference agencies;
- With the Audit Commission for the purposes of data matching for the National Fraud Initiative;
- With statutory agencies such as social services where we have concerns regarding safeguarding;
- With utility companies to enable supply to be connected or if bills have not been paid by the resident.