Covid-19 Update – Please note we are still open for business during normal office hours.
However, we advise that you do not visit your local office in person.
While we’re currently still open for business, services have been reduced or scaled back at this time, and we are only dealing with emergency repairs. If offices are forced to close, we will let residents know who they need to call in the event of an emergency.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation at this time.
We offer affordable accommodation for keyworkers within the grounds of Queen Victoria Hospital, West Sussex. We are located just a short walk from East Grinstead town centre and railway station.
We offer three types of accommodation,
- Single occupancy rooms consist of a single furnished bedroom with wash hand basin and shared use of kitchen, bathroom, toilet and lounge with 4 other residents £542.13 per month (including utilities and council tax)
- Enhanced single occupancy rooms consist of 2 self contained rooms (one with a wash hand basin) and shared use of the kitchen, bathroom and separate WC with 2 other residents £633.98 per month (including utilities and council tax)
- 2 bedroom flats consist of kitchen, bathroom, lounge, hallway and 2 bedrooms (one single and one double) £1,206.39 per month (including utilities, excluding council tax)
What to expect
- Located on site of Queen Victoria Hospital with good public transport links
- Good communal kitchen facilities and on site laundry rooms
- On site parking available
- Security provided in partnership with the hospital
- 24 hour telephone contact point for emergencies
- Access to our self-serve online service MyTVH to manage your account
How to apply
To be eligible you must be either (in priority order),
- An NHS Worker
- A medical student (or student doing NHS related courses)
- An employee of the Ambulance service
- An employee of the social services authority, police, fire or public transport service
- A Teacher or any employee of education services
To apply please contact our accommodation office,
You can view the resident handbook below:
Frequently asked questions
Is there any parking?
We have limited parking spaces available so if you require a parking permit please let us know and we can arrange this. The permits are £10.00 per month.
How much of a deposit is required?
The deposit is equivalent to one month’s rent.
How long is the tenancy?
The initial term of the tenancy is for 6 months, after this the tenancy then becomes a periodic (rolling contract) which will be on a month on month basis. Please note that you can terminate your tenancy at any time with 28 days notice.
What bills are included in the rent?
For the single occupancy rooms all utilities are included in the rent e.g. water, electric, and council tax. For the 2 bedroom flats please note rents do not include council tax and will need to be paid directly by the tenant.
Who will I be living with? Male? Female?
We do not allocate rooms on the basis of gender. As a result, most shared flats are mixed properties.
Watch this short video to find out more about our keyworker tenancies:
Published 6th May, 2016
Published 1st March, 2019